Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I am grateful for the gift of spontaneity

Yesterday on a whim I paid the .99 cent store a visit as this location is fairly new and I had yet to check it out! Here are some of the random items I picked up:



I tried out my "Bumpit" today (pictured above), it is actually alot of fun to wear haha! I am excited to play around with it.

It is so fun and a blessing to be able to do random things and be inspired in the moment. I am grateful to not always be locked into a set schedule but to have some free time. Other unprecedented activities this week included...

Rollerskating! After seeing a friend of mine heading down the street on his skates I hurriedly drove home to put on my own, gliding with glee around the neighborhood myself! I met Sarah at Shady Coffee on the way back and then she took this picture of me :)



I cooked my first Turkey today! It was a really simple process, I didn't go all out or anything but it turned out pretty decent. And I am definitely inspired for the next time I cook one! I am also excited to have some leftover turkey for the rest of the week :)



Me and Kiersten decorating our house for the Christmas party we threw last week! We had so much fun.




Bouncing ideas off eachother as we went along I asked Kiersten in all sincerity, "What about this owl in the teacup, cute or tacky?" She burst out laughing and then I got my answer :)



Driving through a vacant parking lot I spotted these berries to decorate with! They came in handy for my Christmas decor.



I read through old journals the other night! It was encouraging and inspiring to see the different places I have been in and where the Lord has me now. There were some funny entries too, one of them being- "Today I feel so happy! Like a reggae song riding a skateboard on a sunny day" (March 2008) Haha.



The quiet beauty of a still and decorated house, my view coming home the other night.



I had such a fun little impromtu tea date with Victoria week before last :) And I loved her side window that she painted!




As I mentioned in my last post, Lydia and I went on a photo date to take her Senior Portraits! Here are some of my favorite ones taken:










Pretty afternoon light on the kitchen window sill



Isaiah 9:6



Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment