Wednesday, December 7, 2011

happy hydrangea hibernation

a few pictures from my walk this morning:


Clinton Street

Merry gold :)

train tracks off Vernon Street


As I strolled along I listened to a podcast from Mars Hill by Mark Driscoll titled "Jesus Christ is Lord, King", which definitely enhanced the quality of my morning :) It's such a blessing to hear the Gospel being preached, Romans 10:17 "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."


random outfit for the week:




(thanks Siliza for taking my pictures)

I have been stomping around in those cowboy boots since I was 17! They have been trusty as can be.

Here is a sneak peak of Lydia's senior portraits! Soon I will be able to post more, we took so many lovely ones and had so much fun in the process!



favorite earrings that I wore last Saturday.



"Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest Walk Off" @ FreeStyle's Staff Christmas party!



Vanessa's sweater takes the cake in my opinion, the best part about it- she decorated it herself!



Kier was my date second year running :)




With Christmas approaching it is such a wonderful time of year to be with loved ones, celebrate and make Christmas crafts.(Oh and drink egg nog of course!) Also with the emphasis on giving this season brings to mind the verse Acts 20:35 when Paul quotes Jesus by saying,"...'It is more blessed to give than receive'" I definitely want to maintain that perspective as the rest of the month carries on.

This quote (modified slightly to fit) was taken from an article that I read last Christmas, "If the commercialization of Christmas draws ire, there is an alternative"




To read more this article can be found at: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/12/11/v-touch/2696542/if-the-commercialization-of-christmas.html#ixzz1ftCyuANf

In it there are some good thoughts to consider. I am grateful to be challenged in how I go about celebrating the season.


precious!

Dandelion Christmas!


Me and my big ol' wreath that I made :)



Our house's Christmas card photos!


Enjoy the season dear hearts!

3 comments:

  1. You are becoming quite the little blogger Reenie! I love it! Thanks for sharing this! Makes me feel like I can catch up with whats happening! I love you dearly!

    PS. LOVE the photo of Clinton Ave. I have to say, its probably one of my favorite places in the entire world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are adorable! I love looking at your cute posts on here! Except that it makes me miss you that much more. I can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lindsy and Court- I love you both! :)

    ReplyDelete