Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Apple of His eye



This last Friday the Dandelions and I went for a day trip up to Apple Hill! Kiersten and I took turns with the camera, the results were fun memories and some beautiful pictures. Here are a few to enjoy!














































The wooded clearing we were in, featured in the photos above, was so gorgeous! We lied down near it to take a little nap. Some of the other highlights were: the drive there (riding in the car together is always half the fun on a road trip!), the "Apple Donuts" song (you will have to ask Kat or Kiersten to sing it for you sometime!) and the beautiful weather! (It was an absolutely lovely day out) The fellowship was sweet and to be treasured. I love those girls!

In other news this week I finished reading "Living in the Light of Eternity" by K.P Yohannan (The founder of Gospel for Asia) Seriously- I feel like all Christians need to read this book- it's that awesome! And it's also not only a fairly straightforward and simple read but it's also available free for download on pdf. on their website! www.GospelforAsia.org

The prominent theme of this book is dire need to simply share the Gospel with every person alive! Remembering who we are, and the temporal nature of this life on earth makes all the difference in how we spend it. I am greater challenged and encouraged to give my all to love God well and expend my time and energy not just for myself but for the love of others as well. Thanks K.P!

Jesus is Life, Hope, Joy and Peace. He really is the Way, Truth and the Life.
John 14:6
I am so thankful for the peace and freedom that I get to live in daily and for salvation from an eternity without Christ which is ours to have because of His great love. It is His great joy to bestow this mercy and grace upon us because He cares for you and me. After all He made us!
"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23. None of us deserve it (Salvation) but by His grace through faith He gives it to us anyways! (Romans 2:8) Thank you God! I don't know how else to close out this blog post except by saying that I pray that you come to know Him in a true and intimate way, if you don't yet. He is so good, He is here and He loves you. :)

Forever we will be with God. It seems like it is a long ways away but I am realizing that it will be here in what will seem a moment's time. I don't want to have any regrets at the end of my days but to know in the end that I lived for what actually mattered. I pray for God's grace to be able to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment